- PERSONAL information WE COLLECT information we collect from visitors. Visitors to Purdue Sites can access the Site's home page, and browse some areas of the site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We do track information provided to us by your browser, including the Site you came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. On some of our sites, you must register to access portions of the site. In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Purdue may use Web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information we collect when you register. Visitors registering for services on our Web sites are asked to provide identifying information, such as name, gender, and contact information. On the registration screen, we label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. Purdue Sites obtain visitors' consent before collecting personally identifiable information. INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE SOURCES We may also collect information about physicians or other health care professionals who register on Purdue Sites from other sources in order to verify their licensure status and identity. In some cases, we ask customers for information after they register, such as credit card information. Where necessary (for example, to process an order for a purchase), our Web sites may contact financial or credit organizations to confirm customer credit card information. From time to time we may augment our existing user databases with legally obtained information from third parties. Some of this information may be personally identifiable, such as national change of address information. We do this to better target our information offerings and promotional campaigns and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested.
- Other information We may also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, forms and the like.
- On some of our Sites, we offer health assessment tools that ask you to provide self-assessment information.
- We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns.
- Companies and people who work for us: Purdue contracts with other companies and individuals to help Purdue provide services. For example, Purdue may host some of our Sites on another company's computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our Web-based health sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In addition, if you are a health care professional, Purdue may validate your licensure status and other information against available databases that list licensed health care professionals. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information Purdue maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the site that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our best efforts to limit other companies’ use of personally identifiable or health care information.
- Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes Purdue sends offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this Purdue may use third parties working on behalf of Purdue. Purdue provide a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional - informational offers. For example, Purdue may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house. You can elect not to receive promotional or informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs that Purdue sends to you.
®2014 Purdue Pharma L.P. All rights reserved. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER PROTECTION POLICY Purdue is committed to the responsible protection of your Social Security number ("SSN"). This notice applies to any SSN that Purdue collects in the course of our business. Purdue protects the confidentiality of SSNs, including by maintaining manual and/or electronic security procedures to guard against unauthorized access to SSNs. Purdue also limits access to SSNs, including by only granting access to SSNs to Purdue employees who use that information to perform their job-related duties. In addition, Purdue discloses SSNs to third parties only where necessary for business purposes and not otherwise prohibited by law.